A whistle-blowing policy is a set of guidelines and procedures established by an organisation to encourage and protect employees or members who report concerns or wrongdoing within the organisation – internally and externally – on-premises and off-premises.
Our policy aims to provide a safe and confidential way for our stakeholders to raise concerns about unethical, illegal, or unsafe practices without fear of retaliation.
The key objectives of Broadway Junior School’s whistle-blowing policy are:
- Encourage Reporting: Our policy aims to create a culture where our stakeholders feel comfortable and confident in reporting any issues they encounter, such as fraud, corruption, harassment, safety violations, or other unethical behaviour.
- Protect Whistle blowers: Our policy ensures that individuals who come forward with genuine concerns are safeguarded from retaliation or victimization. Whistle blowers are usually assured of confidentiality, and their identities are protected to the extent allowed by law.
- Investigate and Address Issues: Our policy outlines the process for investigating reported concerns and taking appropriate actions to address the issues raised. This may involve internal investigations, audits, or other measures to rectify the situation.
- Comply with Laws and Regulations: Many jurisdictions have laws and regulations that protect whistle-blowers from retaliation. A whistle-blowing policy helps organisations comply with these legal requirements.
Components of our whistle-blowing policy include:
- Confidential Reporting Mechanism: Contains details on how employees, parents, pupils and members of the public can report concerns confidentially, such as through a hotline, email, or a designated person within the organisation.
- Non-Retaliation Policy: Assurances that individuals or groups who report concerns will not face any form of retaliation, discrimination, or adverse consequences as a result of their actions.
- Investigation Procedure: A clear outline of how reported concerns will be investigated, the parties involved in the investigation, and the expected timeline for resolution.
- Communication and Awareness: Ensuring that all stakeholders are aware of the policy and how to access it, typically through training and communication efforts.
- Protection of Whistle blower Identity: Information on how BJS will maintain the confidentiality of the whistle blower’s identity, to the extent permitted by law.
- Reporting to Authorities: If applicable, guidance on when and how to report concerns to external authorities, such as regulatory bodies or law enforcement agencies.
- Record-Keeping: A requirement to maintain accurate records of reported concerns, investigations, and outcomes for future reference and compliance purposes.
- Bribery and Corruption: While we understand and genuinely appreciate the kind gesture towards our employees, BJS maintains a Zero Policy towards bribery. BJS has no responsibility or concern with individual or group promises made on bribery. Any, and every, of such cases will be thoroughly investigated and acted upon accordingly.
Our whistle-blowing policy not only helps BJS address potential problems but also promotes transparency, ethical conduct, and a healthy work environment. It demonstrates a commitment to integrity and accountability, which we hope will also enhance BJS’s reputation and trust among our stakeholders.
For a copy of the whistle blowing policy, kindly contact the Chief Data Officer.